Buggy love

janicesg
Organization: Fringe
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 2001

Buggy love

Postby janicesg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:54 am

About a decade ago, I met my boyfriend because of buggy. I was driving for Fringe, he was pushing. My buggy was blue (Bachi), he died his hair blue to complete the ensemble. It was a match made in heaven.

I've always wondered how many other couples were formed from the common bond that is early morning wakeup calls, and late night push practices.

Any good stories to share?
Janice (Golenbock) Schneekloth
BAA Chairman 2010-2012
Sweepstakes Chair 2002-2004
Fringe Driver 1998-2002

40dogg
Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2000

Re: Buggy love

Postby 40dogg » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 am

That's odd. Buggy has destroyed or significantly hindered pretty much every relationship I've been in. Sam, maybe this should be the next poll subject?

swiftsam
Site Admin
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2004

Postby swiftsam » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:14 am

Count me in the relationship improvement camp; I'm marrying the push captain.

I'll see if I can't make that into a multiple choice question by thursday.

Abby
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Abby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:59 pm

I’m not sure you can really capture this in a poll. I will transcribe the collective inner monologue of the group here as they read that question:

“Of course I dated buggy people, they were the only people I knew that didn’t think I was a freak. Though, I guess that depends on your definition of ‘dating’. Does hooking up in the buggy garage count as dating? Probably not. There was that one time…Oh, wait, I can’t tell that story, my kids might read this someday, plus, that girl would KILL me. Let me think… Nope no stories I can share here.”

On a personal note, my husband was on the Haraka build team, and today is our 10th anniversary.

McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby McCue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 pm

this is easily abby's most accurate post on this entire forum.

ipmcc
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2000

Postby ipmcc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Yeah. Abby's post is pretty accurate, although my fiancee Heather didn't even go to CMU, so I guess I'm not REALLY in the club.

New for this year, Heather and I have come up with a way to improve upon her usual birthday (4/15) present of "having-to-deal-with-my-drunk-ass". We've agreed to "trade" birthdays; We'll celebrate her's on mine (3/29) and let carnival be my birthday celebration -- It's true love!

Sadly (for carnival), I finally moved out of the Beeler squat, so getting home will be a bit harder. Oh well, I'm sure I'll survive, and if it's miserable, who cares!? I won't remember! Almost time to break out the shorts and squeezy-bottles!

Ian

Abby
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Abby » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:02 pm

You can crash in our room, we're a man down this year so we have space. And then Heather has the option to deal or not deal with your drunk ass. I have some experience in that department so I can take over duties for the weekend if that would make her happy. :)

Heather is a good example of picking a good non-buggy mate: She knows you're a drunken dumbass and doesn't bother to care or try to change you. That's why we loooove her.

Return to “Buggy”