[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Wow - Page 12 - Buggy Alumni Association

Wow

hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Re: Wow

Postby hvincent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 pm

10.5.5 bans any source of open flame in or near buggy prep areas (which includes lighting up in front of your truck, i guess), and smoking is not permitted inside trucks or any semi-enclosed buggy preparation structure (including tents, buildings, etc).
Vincent Zeng

penguin
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2004

Postby penguin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 pm

hvincent

Postby hvincent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:57 pm

I don't recall seeing any 12 gauge shotties on raceday.
Vincent Zeng

orzalli
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby orzalli » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:59 pm

galexkeene
Graduation Year: 2008

Postby galexkeene » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:02 pm

penguin
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2004

Postby penguin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:03 pm

i prefer to use thermite

hvincent

Postby hvincent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, smoking is officially (by that I mean by the university) banned from the entirety of the buggy course now (yes, this includes the chute), but it's hardly ever enforced (exceptions being when I have to chase design majors off the loading dock next to my office). I think I snapped at some Phikaps blowing smoke into my tent at raceday last year, but no, I have never seen FMB respond to people smoking outside their trucks. I would venture to say that the small flame from a lighter is far less likely to be harmful than a quietly leaking LP tank, but you're right in pointing out that smoking near the trucks doesn't seem to get addressed as a potential fire safety hazard like it probably should be.

(also good job for quitting! especially in china, where their smoking makes signu look like asthmatic grandmas)
Vincent Zeng

galexkeene

Postby galexkeene » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Haha, yeah. SigNus really got nothing on China (sorry guys, no offense).

And yeah, I know the school had banned some stuff, but I thought all the sidewalks were technically public property and thus the ban couldn't be enforced.

shafeeq
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2000

Postby shafeeq » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:01 pm

[quote="galexkeene"
And yeah, I know the school had banned some stuff, but I thought all the sidewalks were technically public property and thus the ban couldn't be enforced.[/quote]

The ones along public roads are. Ones internal to CMU are not. Smoke all you want on Flagstaff too.

galexkeene

Postby galexkeene » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 pm

So don't all the sidewalks that make up the course count as public though? I know that they are internal to campus, but Tech/Frew/Schenley/Maggie Mo are all public streets, right? I'm just trying to clarify here. I get that if you're by the fence or on the cut, no dice, but the entire course is public, and thus smoke-able

Return to “Buggy”