[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Passing - Page 5 - Buggy Alumni Association

Passing

PikesOnce
Organization: PiKA

Re: Passing

Postby PikesOnce » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:40 pm

So, right now we have a pike saying that "SDC said they were slower" and a couple SDC guys saying "we said we were fast".

To be fair, I wasn't there, and I don't think anyone else that has commented here was there either.

Anyone on this thread who was at heat selection care to comment?

hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Postby hvincent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:42 pm

Vincent Zeng

galexkeene
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2008

Postby galexkeene » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:07 pm

Crossposting to this thread from the youtube thread. I would be curious for PikesRule to get in touch with any current students he knows about why the Pikes changed their Hill 1 first day, and if they in fact had the sub timed slower on hill 1. If so, who's to blame?

Regarding up and over times with Pika A/SDC C. I asked the current kids about this and they said at heat selection they made clear SDC C would be fast, but Pika insisted their H1 had 1 second on SDC's. Apparently Pika then switched out their H1 for Prelims (not sure why), so that could be the exact reason this happened. This kind of switch seems to be something that we should maybe be addressed.

If a Pike wants to correct/inform on this, I would appreciate it. I don't know for a fact they switched from their roster for day 1, but I do know their H1 was different from day 1 to day 2.

McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby McCue » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:16 pm

where is the youtube thread?

hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2009

Postby hvincent » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=318

it is descriptively titled 'buggy on youtube?'
Vincent Zeng

josh.ayers
Graduation Year: 2003

Postby josh.ayers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:22 pm

PikesOnce
Organization: PiKA

Postby PikesOnce » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:25 pm

PikesRule? Really Alex, read much? Though obvious boasts aren't something Pikes are all against, I tend to be more subtle.

I don't know what was said for sure at heat selection, just what I heard, which was that SDC said they were around an 18 up hill 1.

If I'm SDC and I can make a case to run my C-team against PiKA's A-team, I'd love to. Teams don't have to be set prior to heat selection or anything, so why not throw one of my fast guys up there that barely missed A-team and see if we can beat PiKA over the hill?

SDC has a reasonably large supply of potential pushers across campus, so it's not inconceivable that they put one of their fastest B-team guys on C-team to beat PiKA up 1-2. They don't lose anything on A-team, they can sub him back to B-team on day 2 if they want, and maybe they screw up PiKA's day 1 line.

I don't think SDC did this, I don't even know what the conversation at heat selection was. My point is only that it's incredibly possible for this to happen with zero real repercussions.
Last edited by PikesOnce on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

penguin
Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 2004

Postby penguin » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm

that 18 sec hill 1 by sdc would be fasted one i've ever seen.

McCue
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: KDR

Postby McCue » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Carleton

Postby Carleton » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Return to “Buggy”