[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Buggy Rules - Development + Changes - Page 10 - Buggy Alumni Association

Buggy Rules - Development + Changes

Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Re: Buggy Rules - Development + Changes

Postby Carl Nott » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Well, I would just ask the Fire Marshall how close a potential fire hazard can be to a driver being loaded into a buggy and/or a driver inside a buggy and define a buggy prep area as 'someplace a driver is being loaded into a buggy and/or someplace a driver is inside a buggy'.

I assume the Fire Marshall, after weighing all of the potential, uh, potential fire hazards (and considering his own personal and professional liability in the event of a driver burning to death), will say something like 'half a mile, but perhaps farther, depending on how much of a threat I perceive it to be'.

Because, honestly, I cannot imagine a scenario where the Fire Marshall will be overruled if he thinks there is a fire hazard. 'But Bob, we all decided (yourself included!) to define 'near' as XXX feet, and that barrel of solvent is XXX+1 feet away!' is not going to keep the Fire Marshall from shutting down Sweepstakes if he thinks there is a fire hazard.

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Postby BuggyBob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:44 pm

* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Sat May 01, 2010 7:34 am

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Fri May 07, 2010 7:14 am

WHAT IS THE 'BUGGY PREPARATION AREA'?

This is a followup to my previous post - with more detail.
It's written sort-of the way a land surveyor describes property lines. It's easy to follow. I'm not sure if the area is too big or too small (for example, perhaps its should go further back up Margaret Morrison Street, toward Forbes Ave?).

This could be added to The Rules, with the attached drawing.

------------------

SUGGESTION FOR DEFINITION THE ‘BUGGY PREPARATION AREA”

START

1. Starting at the corner of the Fine Arts Building (Point A), proceed along the edge of the building toward the southeast, to the corner - Point B.

2. Go thence to toward the corner of Posner Hall (Point C).

3. Go thence along the east wall of Posner Hall to a point (Point D) directly across the street from the main entrance of The Gym (Point E).

4. Go then along the west wall of The Gym to the corner (Point F).

5.Thence go in a straight line along the north wall of The Gym and onto the grass to a point directly across the street from the west-most corner of Donner Hall (Point G). See attached diagram.

6. Thence go west to the southeast corner of Margaret Morrison building (Point H).

7. Thence follow the outside wall of Margaret Morrison (including the outdoor curved area at the main entrance) to the corner of Margaret Morrison (Point I).

8. Thence go parallel to the CFA parking lot to a point 20‘ past the end of the lot (Point J).

9.Thence go directly to Point A.

END
Attachments
buggy-prep-area-2.gif
buggy-prep-area-2.gif (24.2 KiB) Viewed 3128 times

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Mon May 24, 2010 6:45 am

Can anyone provide an update about what is being done in terms of:

* Rule changes (better definitions - 'Buggy Prep Area', etc.), and
* A possible appeal by SDC

Seems to me that this is a good time (the Summer) to work on this matter slow and steady, so the parameters for 2011 races can be in place when the Fall semester starts.

Update, please.

Return to “Buggy”