[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
BAA Elections - Buggy Alumni Association

BAA Elections

Carsen Kline
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 1999

BAA Elections

Postby Carsen Kline » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:36 pm

Hey everybody,

Aiton and I have had a great time getting the BAA off the ground, and even though we were supposed to have elections last Carnival, we decided to stay on board to keep this crazy train rolling. Call it an executive decision.

Anyway, it's time to elect a new Prez and VP, and you're all eligible to run. Check out for details.

Thanks, and happy campaigning.

-Carsen

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Re: BAA Elections

Postby BuggyBob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:22 am

I nominate Fire Marshall Bob. Is he eligible?
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

Carsen Kline

Postby Carsen Kline » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Carsen Kline

Nominations are due today!

Postby Carsen Kline » Sun May 02, 2010 9:46 am

If you or someone you support is ready to lead us into the next decade, make your nomination TODAY. We will have elections tomorrow and Tuesday via an online poll, Thursday Poll style.

The candidates thus far are, in no particular order:

President
Janice Golenbock: Fringe driver/head driver '98-'02, Sweepstakes Chair '03 & '04, Design Chair '03 & '04, Head Judge '05

Carl Nott: SDC pusher '95, Spirit mechanic '96-'98, Spirit MFIC '98, Head Judge '01

Vice President
Shafeeq Sinnamohideen: CIA mechanic/head mechanic '98-'00, Race Starter '10

janicesg
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 2001

Postby janicesg » Sun May 02, 2010 2:30 pm

Hey all, thanks for the nomination! If you have any questions about me before voting starts please let me know.
Janice (Golenbock) Schneekloth
BAA Chairman 2010-2012
Sweepstakes Chair 2002-2004
Fringe Driver 1998-2002

Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Carl Nott » Mon May 03, 2010 10:31 am

I should point out, in the interest of full disclosure, that I have a slight tendency towards chaos, which may not be a perfect fit for an officer of the BAA. I'm not saying that if I win the prize mortal man would suffer an eternity of darkness... but the BAA may not want someone in charge who responds to the average problem by pouring gasoline on it.

On the flip side, it sure would be exciting, right? :D

swiftsam
Site Admin
Graduation Year: 2004

Postby swiftsam » Mon May 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Carsen Kline

Postby Carsen Kline » Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am

I want to congratulate our two new executives, Janice and Shafeeq. I know we're in good hands.

Carl, I hope you take this close loss as a sign from The People. I expect a nation-wide speech tour and buggy build seminars.

janicesg
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 2001

Postby janicesg » Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 am

Thanks Carsen!

I would like to thank Carl, the voters, my amazing campaign manager, and of course the Academy.

I'm so excited to be in my 30s and still have a reason to think about buggy every day.
Janice (Golenbock) Schneekloth
BAA Chairman 2010-2012
Sweepstakes Chair 2002-2004
Fringe Driver 1998-2002

Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Carl Nott » Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 pm

I would like to thank the new Chairman for her kind words, the exiting Chairman for his great service (and comfortable guest bed), and those who encouraged me to run.

Most of all I would like to thank all of the buggy alumni from all of the different eras and all of the different teams, all who still carry the Fire. If you'd told me a few years ago that almost a hundred buggy alumni would be voting on who the next Chairman of the 'Buggy Alumni Association' would be I would have laughed. But, to borrow a well-worn phrase from my youth, the Buggy Alumni Association is no fucking joke. We are not all friends, but we are all working to continue this great tradition that we all poured our hearts and love into, and I look forward to helping, along with all of you, our new Chairman continue this great work.

Carl

Return to “Buggy”