[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Buggy Humor and War Stories - Page 2 - Buggy Alumni Association

Buggy Humor and War Stories

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Re: Buggy Humor and War Stories

Postby BuggyBob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I've got a whole folder (paper, not PC) of wacky Buggy stories that I've heard or witnessed over the years. Many are truly a hoot.
I bet you've got some too.
Please post your stories.

'Let The Good Times Roll' (perhaps a good idea for a BAA alumni website T-Shirt?. I'd buy one or 2.
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Postby lemuroid » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:30 pm

Jmohin
Organization: SigEp
Graduation Year: 2010

Postby Jmohin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:53 pm

This fall, there were some GREAT first-day-out messups.

1.) Both of our brand new drivers went on the wrong side of the monument, ignored stop flags, and managed to get through the chute anyway. The following weekend, our A-Team driver was told to make her chute turn very late, so, she turned at the LAST parking meter and made it through without spinning out or fishtailing, at almost full speed. Any chute flaggers there will forever remember that one.

2.) KDR went left towards Schenley Park at the bottom of the first big drop in the freeroll. Funniest shit I have ever seen, I was transition flagging.

3.) I think it was spirit, not entirely sure, but a buggy spun in the chute a full 180 and nearly made it out going backwards.

Carleton
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby Carleton » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:36 pm

KDR?

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:40 pm

I think the funniest story I've ever heard (can't verify it's authenticity) was one I heard when I was at CMU and when I first started getting involved with Buggy (in the early '70's). This supposedly happened in the '60's.
It goes like this...
During the finals, some guy appears on a horse in the CFA parking lot. Just before one of the heats, he rides it to the starting line, gets off, walks away, and leaves the horse there. A minute later, the 'hot' buggies come roaring out of their tents/trucks, and there's this damn horse in the way. Now, WTF do you do?

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm

Another one that occurred during my era was that during Sunday Free Roll practices, someone's buggy was completely unattended-to for quite a while, and the driver couldn't get out (despite a lot of yelling), and took a shit in the buggy. Apparently it was a big, watery, smelly one.

Elmo Zoneball
Graduation Year: 1979
Location: Bottom of Flagstaff, watching the chute, collecting samples...

Postby Elmo Zoneball » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 pm

"I love the smell of solvents in the morning -- they smell like... victory."

Jmohin
Organization: SigEp
Graduation Year: 2010

Postby Jmohin » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:47 pm

These I KNOW have happened....

1.) Driver was sick with something, and puked in buggy. She had to be pulled out and the entire buggy cleaned out. Wasn't my team, but alumni have told me this story.

2.) Driver showed up drunk for raceday.... DQ'd

3.) Hill 5 was still drunk from night before at push practice, pukes immediately after pushing, right in line-of-sight of chairman.

All super classy moments.

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:23 am

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 am

One of the goofiest (but plausible) stories I've heard is this....
On Sunday practice free rolls, some first time driver didn't know where he/she/it was going - and...... there was no flagger at Chute, and ended up going over the bridge and stopped somewhere near Carnegie Library.

Return to “Buggy”