[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Rules Changes - Bylaws Revision Control - Buggy Alumni Association

Rules Changes - Bylaws Revision Control

ahundt
Organization: Sweepstakes
2nd Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2009

Rules Changes - Bylaws Revision Control

Postby ahundt » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:35 am

The Sweepstakes committee is looking to change the rules again this year, so I've finally set up revision control for the buggy rules. It contains changes made by myself, and nat gist before me.

The main rules tracking project can be found at:
http://www.launchpad.net/buggy

The text can be viewed at:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~athundt/bu ... laws/files

I figured now is the time to legitimately track this. For now I plan to continue managing the project, and I will add others as requests come in. The main branch will only contain rules approved by the sweepstakes committee, and other individuals will be able to create and track their own proposals.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!
Andrew Hundt
Andrew Hundt
Sweepstakes Chairman 2009 | Head Judge 2010 | Fringe Mechanic 2006, 2007, 2008 | Fringe Pusher 2006, 2007

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Re: Rules Changes - Bylaws Revision Control

Postby BuggyBob » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:19 am

The following comment is not about 'by laws' per se, but doest relate to 'rules':
After the DQ of SDC last year over the propane tank location in the 'buggy prep area', I posted the comment that the 'buggy prep area' needs to be defined accurately, so that arbitrary DQ'ing does not occur again. I provided a draft and description of what I thought was a reasonable definition of what the prep area should be. This info still exists on another thread on this BAA website.
Has anything been done to change the rules to deal with this problem? If nothing is done, there's nothing to stop it frm happening again.
I'd guess that issue this is actually a matter for the Sweepstakes Committee, and not the BAA per se, but what's the best way to get this resolved? Suggestions?
Fortunately for SDC, the DQ decision was rescinded, but the ill-defined 'buggy prep area' issues does still remain.
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

shafeeq
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2000

Postby shafeeq » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:40 pm

Based on what was said at the first meeting, I understand that regardless of what the buggy rules define (now or in the future), the Fire Marshall is going to make his own judgement of what constitutes a fire hazard that must be removed.

The penalties for a fire-safety violation, however, are merely administrative details that are open to debate by the Sweepstakes Committee.

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:17 am

TommyK
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2001

Postby TommyK » Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:36 pm

Last edited by TommyK on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

hvincent
Organization: Pioneers
2nd Organization: CIA

Postby hvincent » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm

I'm going to write a greasemonkey script for myself to block out all posts that mention FMB and LP because it boggles my mind that people who have no current involvement with buggy besides being distant observers indulging in their nostalgia for their college days are still bickering about it and it gives me a headache to read any of it.
Vincent Zeng

TommyK
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2001

Postby TommyK » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:18 am

McCue
2nd Organization: KDR
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby McCue » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:24 pm

ahundt
2nd Organization: Fringe

Postby ahundt » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 pm

If you propose an actual rule text revision then we can make practical progress towards a solution to these issues. Alternatively, create a "blueprint" with useful details about how you feel the rule should be fixed. Blueprints can be proposed from here: https://blueprints.launchpad.net/buggy
Andrew Hundt
Sweepstakes Chairman 2009 | Head Judge 2010 | Fringe Mechanic 2006, 2007, 2008 | Fringe Pusher 2006, 2007

BuggyBob

Postby BuggyBob » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:21 pm

Attachments
buggy-prep-area-1.gif
buggy-prep-area-1.gif (25.58 KiB) Viewed 10060 times

Return to “Buggy”