[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
SigNu Raceday Incident Video - Buggy Alumni Association

SigNu Raceday Incident Video

aepibuggy
Organization: AEPi
Graduation Year: 2008

Raceday Videos

Postby aepibuggy » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:39 pm

I love the new video section, but I have to ask...I have chute video of every race. The only thing I don't have is SigNu's incident (I was at the end of the bales, so all I have is the "ricochet"). But I'm curious - Are these things that I should be posting? Or does the "1 year cmuTV waiting period" mean that I shouldn't put them up?

I should note that some of the videos include some of the jumbotron footage (Usually I start the video around the chute flagger, but on rolls where something was close early, like the "Pika loses a wheel" roll, I have from the Hill 2 shove through the chute).

I don't want to step on anyone's toes here, but I think it would be nice to get some raceday videos up for being who couldn't make it.

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Re: Raceday Videos

Postby lemuroid » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 pm

post it

TommyK
Organization: Fringe
Graduation Year: 2001

Re: Raceday Videos

Postby TommyK » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:44 pm

aepibuggy
Organization: AEPi
Graduation Year: 2008

SigNu Raceday Incident Video

Postby aepibuggy » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:34 pm

cmuTV didn't get the SigNu incident on film, and neither did I, but someone down in the chute did. For those of you who didn't get to see it, I figured I'd post the link here.

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Re: SigNu Raceday Incident Video

Postby lemuroid » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 pm

this illustrates exactly how hard it is for one camera to catch all the chute action.

tbach0729

Postby tbach0729 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:36 pm

trophymursky
Graduation Year: 2014

Postby trophymursky » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:45 pm

shafeeq
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2000

Postby shafeeq » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 pm

A few years ago, they had the static crash cam that I think SN obligingly flipped & crashed into.

At the time, they had considered placing the chute camera tower near where the ambulance was this year. The logistical issue of getting cables across the road foiled that, although there's now the freeroll camera on that side of the road.

Perhaps wireless technology has progressed enough to make a static camera over there feasible now. Even a standalone camera not connected to the broadcast would still let them pull the tape and include it in the DVD's.

In the past, I've been told that the truck has a surprising number of limitations in number of cameras, and in handling more than one stream at once, and the next step up in capability is a big jump in price. Still, these issues seem like they should have a technical solution, and it is worth discussing with cmuTV what that solution involves, and what would have to be given up to get it.

TommyK
Graduation Year: 2001

Postby TommyK » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:10 pm

This is a perfect opportunity for .... !!!

BAA's next upgrade to coverage?

Carl Nott
Organization: Spirit
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Carl Nott » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:49 pm

I always wanted to make a blimp. Then again, we are buggy people, so I'm assuming we'd want a vacuum airship instead of something as mundane as a blimp.

Return to “Buggy”