Sweepstakes is meeting tonight and will discuss these proposed rule changes:
1. Required mouthguards for drivers.
2. Required double bales at all times.
3. Language regarding treatment of the buggy during an accident.
4. 'Spin Test' to evaluate brakes and wheels without moving a buggy.
5. Follow Car Certification Program, needed for at least one person in any active follow car. (Similar to the required driver meetings)
6. Edited some rules to be more concise, clearer, accurate, and shorter.
The full proposed changes are available athttp://cmubuggy.org/files/bylawsChanges-1-26-2009.txt
Any opinions? Drivers, how do you feel about wearing mouth guards? Haybale teams, how do you feel about carrying twice as many every weekend?
Is it time to find a higher-tech protective barrier for the chute if we decide that we need 2 truckloads of haybales to do the job?