Alright, This took a bit to get together, but I finally managed to get all the times measured out from the second to last weekend of rolls this fall (Nov 9th and 10th). This was also the first weekend that I was able to use our new GoPros which were a dream. They were easy to set up, lasted the whole day, and gave me the ability to record in different resolutions and frame speeds. The only thing slowing the process down now is the post processing that needs to be done to extract all the times from the video.

Rolls times Workflow picSaturday was recorded at 1080p at 30fps which used up nearly the entire battery, but gave me great resolution when going back and reviewing the times. Unfortunately I was worried that the times would all be useless since it automatically split the video into 20 minute segments. Fortunately, there is no lost footage between the segments, and the cameras were still synced perfectly at the end of the day.

On Sunday I attempted to get longer segments by lowering the resolution to WVGA (848 x 480) which also upped the fps to 60. The segments stayed the same length, but I was able to get the times a little more accurate. This upped fps did mean that the video was out of sync by 8 frames by the end of the morning which could be ~0.15 seconds according to my timer. So because of this and the difficulty to estimate the buggy position sometimes, I’d say there’s at least +/- 0.05 second error, 0.1 if you want to be optimistic or pessimistic.

SDC claimed the top spot both days with Malice followed by PiKA, Fringe and Spirit who were all breaking the 1 minute barrier.

Fastest times from Each org

Org Saturday Sunday
AEPi Kamikaze – 1:18.15
Apex Phoenix – 1:12.51 Phoenix – 1:17.12
CIA Freyja – 1:18.19 Freyja – 1:15.68
Fringe Banyan – 0:59.81 Beacon – 0:57.58
PiKA Banshee – 0:59.07 Banshee – 0:59.88
SAE
SDC Malice – 0:54.51 Malice – 0:55.21
SigEp Baraccuda – 1:07.45 Baraccuda – 1:07.25
SigNu
Spirit Fuko – 1:03.16 Seraph – 0:59.54

Feel free to copy these times and organize them however you like. Times from the last day of rolls should be ready next week.

NOTE: If the below area is blank, please try either Chrome or IE.

Remember, please check out the Project Reddit and tell us what we should work on next.