Despite the freak snow storm earlier in the week, Pittsburgh decided to warm up and clear up just for the weekend. At the start of last week, there were also only two orgs with caped buggies, but by the end of the week, there were enough to make rolls happen. Against all odds, rolls were certainly possible, but come early Friday evening rolls had been cancelled…

… Someone had stolen all the barricades! Not only were Sweepstakes’ pile missing, but the City of Pittsburgh barricades as well. Even more disturbing, half of the ‘No Parking’ signs that get posted to the parking kiosks had been torn down. Sweepstakes frantically tried to fix this issue for Sunday, but was unable to pull off that miracle so the whole weekend got scrapped.

Who do you think sabotaged Rolls?

• Phipps Conservatory (50%, 1 Votes)
  • Someone that wasn't ready to roll yet (50%, 1 Votes)
  • The guy that lit the bales on fire (0%, 0 Votes)
  • A coordinated drone strike from the President (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Sweepstakes themselves! (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Grad students who's research just isn't going right and needed to blow off some steam (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Colonel Mustard, in the Foyer, with the lead pipe (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Jealous Pitt student (0%, 0 Votes)
  • Annoyed Pittsburgher (0%, 0 Votes)
  • The troll under Panther Hollow Bridge (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 2

8 thoughts on “Rolls Report: Feb 22 & 23 – SABOTAGE”

• Hey guys, something is up with the poll which we are currently trying to fix. If you want to, leave your choice in the comments here.

• The no parking signs have been an issue a couple of times this year, nobody is really sure who has been doing it. Some have suggested Phipps, others have said meter maids because they are hung up in a way that is apparently illegal. Hopefully it gets figured out, I miss rolls

• If I remember correctly, last year when CIA started posting the signs on the kiosks, we found them all torn off one week (the parking people told us it wasn’t allowed) so we had to go out and frantically re-sign at the last minute, and after that we didn’t put the signs on the kiosks. At some point we were told by Sweepstakes (or someone with authority) that it was okay to put them on the kiosks after all, and we’ve been doing that since then without incident.

It’s worth noting that the signs that were NOT on the kiosks were torn down as well, which makes me less inclined to blame it on the parking people.

No idea if this was related to the barricade disappearance or not. The signs had a period of 24 hours in which they could have gone missing. When was the last time anyone had verified the existence of the barricades?

PS – I vote that it was Ben Matzke trying to stir up drama and get people to come to cmubuggy.org

Comments are closed.