[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Broadcast feedback - Page 4 - Buggy Alumni Association

Broadcast feedback

aileen
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2007

Re: Broadcast feedback

Postby aileen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:58 pm

First of all, I'm not sure why I'm encouraging this, but that's still the freeroll according to the sweepstakes website:

Second of all, both of you, grow up. The bickering was cute for a while, but it's starting to remind me of when I used to have to separate the boys I babysat for and send them to different rooms. Does it really matter where the cars were on the course? They were on the course, at a point when the buggies were likely at top speed, and in a location where I suspect they would be unseen until the buggy hit them. Let's not do that again.

And dude, I'm not so big on riding in the lead truck, but I would totally bid on a ride in a blimp over the course. If I had any income after June 18, which I won't.

Carleton
Organization: SDC

Postby Carleton » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:20 pm

I apologize Aileen, to you and to those who were forced to read along. This isn't an important topic to this thread or in any other way, so I won't continue it.

aileen

Postby aileen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks, Carleton. It's easy to get carried away with these things.

Anyway, back on topic. I know the driver profiles were a lot of work for Erin, but they were super cool. So we should keep those. Otherwise, I watched on the jumbo tron, and I couldn't hear, so I don't have much else to say. The old videos that are on youtube might make some decent filler. Some of the alums might have good tape, too, I know Lou used to have tons of film of old rolls.

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Postby BuggyBob » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:56 am

I was having trouble keeping track of the current standing a (due to a number of major changes in heats, etc. during the races), and was thinking that an in-the-background listing of the Top 10, and the next heat, that is always visible, would be cool. I don't know how this is done - is it difficult?
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

revo
Organization: Fringe
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 2000

Postby revo » Sat May 01, 2010 1:25 pm

shafeeq

Postby shafeeq » Sun May 02, 2010 8:06 pm

The office down the hall just got one of these:

It's a little small - the camera housing is soda-can size.

A big enough zoom lens on one of the landings of the Cathedral of Learning would be pretty close to an aerial view. Unfortunately, the crash zone in the chute is hidden by trees, but you can see from the stop sign in the freeroll to the gazebo. You'd need about a 1000mm-equivalent lens, which is not a big stretch for a TV camera.

ipmcc
Organization: SigNu

Postby ipmcc » Mon May 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Abby
Organization: Spirit
2nd Organization: Sweepstakes
Graduation Year: 1998

Postby Abby » Tue May 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Maybe we could borrow some of these:
http://www.ri.cmu.edu/events/sb35/tksuperbowl.html

Maybe a little much...

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Postby BuggyBob » Tue May 04, 2010 7:17 pm

To really get a lot of broadcast attention and alumni contributions, I think there should be an 'Exhibitionist Heat' on Saturday, with nude buggy drivers pushing the buggies, being chased - close behind - by nude male pushers.
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

Return to “Buggy”