[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Predictions, 2011 style - Buggy Alumni Association

Predictions, 2011 style

sacras
Graduation Year: 0

Predictions, 2011 style

Postby sacras » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:45 am

I don't think it's too soon to throw out some preliminary predictions for next year's top 6, based on the shake-ups we saw this year.

1.) Will PiKA come back to their glory days?
- Will their push team be as fast as, say, 2008?
- Will their mechanics get it together and make Nemesis/Raceday2011 as fast as chimera?

2.) Will SDC be rolling again? Will Sweepstakes lift the ban?
- Will they dominate again or was it not meant to live that long?

3.) Will Fringe gain momentum coming off their win and be a #1 threat next year?

4.) Will SigEp stay in 2:10 land or finally break into the upper echelon of the sub-2:05? Or was their 2:10 these last two years a fluke anyway?

5.) SN had some real glimmers of hope this year. Their buggies are getting some ridiculous roll-outs.. will they manage to stay sober before raceday and push a quick back hills?

6.) Spirit had a tough year with spins, but they seemed to have some renewed vigor... what are the chances that new life makes them a contender, or, will a tough year kill their momentum?

7.) AEPi's new buggies look pretty good. Will they develop a push team to follow and get in the top 10?

8.) Same with CIA. Hot new buggy, push to team to suit(no pun intended) would make them a second day team, potentially.

PhiKap, SAE, DTD, KKG/ZBT, pioneers(existence?), all seemed to not take buggy too seriously this year, or were a little too green behind the ears- but maybe will consider pushing it harder next year, or will a year of experience under their belts will make a splash.

shafeeq
Organization: CIA
Graduation Year: 2000

Re: Predictions, 2011 style

Postby shafeeq » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 pm

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Postby BuggyBob » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:31 am

I would put money of SDC rolling on 2011. They have a good case (I think) for asking for clemency.

Pika and Fringe will be in there for #1 in the next years. I was impressed by SigEp's performance.

As for SAE (my House), they've been through some tough years recently but are definitely on the rebound, and it was good seeing them participate this year. SAE needs a new buggy, but I'm not sure they have the manpower or money to do a new one. Perhaps they could update the old one.
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Postby lemuroid » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:19 pm

I will predict that sig ep will try white or green wheels. In the end, they will see that this does not improve their roll and will run more of their own jelly filled good stuff (the batch from 09, not the junk from 2010). Given the chunks they were throwing on race day, their suppy of the good stuff may be a challenge for them. Figuring out what wend wrong with the 2010 order will be important or the 2011 order.

I will predict that pka gets itself together and is back in contention.

I predict a few new trikes and the asspciated spins as people try to remember how to make them work.

I have no idea if SDC will be back or not. Much depends on who they pissed off during their frantic appeals process ( Hey, I would have tried the same thing) and how they handled themselves since (any angry emails or phone messages to the wrong people?). The chiair's rant on cmu tv could not have helped but is one of the few black makrs on a situation that from my perspective (down in the chute) they handled well. If they are not back, then I urge their pushers to have a beer at the zoo.

I suspect the rules book with get a few pages longer.

Carleton
Organization: SDC
Graduation Year: 2007

Postby Carleton » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:49 pm

abordick
Organization: PiKA
Graduation Year: 1994

Postby abordick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Actually we were told that he offered to make a statement. That may be incorrect, but that's what they told us in the booth. I don't think what he said was all that bad. I would have been waaaaaaay more angry and hopefully nobody would have been dumb enough to put me on the air.

By the way, alumni on this site have been ripping on active student Pikes all year. If students are off limits to alumni evaluation, we should put that in the forum groundrules.

Carleton

Postby Carleton » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:15 pm

I don't recall anyone ripping on Pikes, unless you mean Pika as a whole, which is different than taking shots at an individual student, especially for actions taken during a very emotional period of time.

lemuroid
Organization: Ultimate Soap Box Derby
2nd Organization: SigNu
Graduation Year: 1987

Postby lemuroid » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Carleton

Postby Carleton » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:50 pm

Well, whatever the details of him getting on the air (apparently we've heard differently), I know that his intent was to clear up the various different stories and rumors that were being told up and down the course. This was a far cry from a staged press conference, and I know that he did his best to tell the truth as he knew it, simply and concisely.

BuggyBob
Organization: SAE
Graduation Year: 1974

Postby BuggyBob » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:46 pm

As an aside......
Is the SDC DQ going to be decided before the end of this school year - especially about not competing next year? With respect for them, it sure would be nice for them to know so they can work on whatever they'd like to update for the next year - during this summer. Are there meetings or hearing scheduled on their fate in the next few weeks?
* "I love the smell of solvents at Free Roll. It smells like......victory".
* "I'm loosing my mind, but I don't seem to miss it much."

Return to “Buggy”