DSC 0849

Comments

• Sam Swift on 2011-Oct-24 17:18:39 Sam Swift said

I forgot to upload this one in the initial batch, but I'm pretty proud of catching both tires in the air so check it out
  • Jerry on 2011-Oct-24 20:57:43 Jerry said

This officially outdoes that SigNu photo with half a tire suspended in the air. That'll scuff up those aluminum hubs a bit! CIA had this happen a few times (years ago) with our old wheels, albeit in a much less dramatic fashion, and only with a fraction of the circumference.
  • Zatchmo on 2011-Oct-24 21:06:28 Zatchmo said

I don't have to enjoy this crash to love the photo. Makes me want to throw away my point and shoot and clear my bank account on a real camera.
  • Sam Swift on 2011-Oct-24 21:43:00 Sam Swift said

I use the nikon d40 which was the cheapest (main stream) dslr for sale when I bought it. "used-very good" ones go for $350 with the kit lens on amazon. I was using the 35 mm - F/1.8 prime lens all of this weekend which does a great job with fast things in less-than-ideal light but costs an extra $200. I often use the 55-200mm f/4-5.6 lens which is another $250, but I'm starting to think it's not always the best tool for buggy. and that is the long answer to a question you didn't ask.
  • TommyK on 2011-Oct-25 22:56:08 TommyK said

That's not polyurethane ... it's Flubber!!!
  • shafeeq on 2011-Oct-26 18:37:52 shafeeq said

I've never found a one right lens for buggy - every choice guarantees that there's something different that will be missed. Even the cheapest DSLR has the advantage that the view goes from the mirror to your eye at the speed of light, rather than going through the electronics and showing up on the screen a fraction of second later. It's not much time, but enough to make the difference between seeing wheels go flying in the air and being able to get a picture of it, which makes all other fancy features irrelevant.

Download Photo