An out of town conference and the holidays got in the way of our timely publication of the last rolls report of the fall, but better late than never right? For posterity, here’s a quick summary of what happened November 21st and 22nd …
|AEPi||Camo, Kamikaze, Zephyrus||Kamikaze, Zephyrus|
|CIA||Firebird, Renaissance, Quasar||Renaissance, Quasar|
|Fringe||Bedlam, Blizzard, Bantam|
|KKG / ZBT||Enigma|
|PiKA||Chimera, Knightfall, Nemesis, Zeus||Chimera, Knightfall, Nemesis, Zeus|
|SDC||Malice, Envy, Rage||Malice, Envy, Rage|
- KKG/ZBT took advantage of their last possible chance to get out on the course in the fall, and were out with Enigma which they borrowed from SigEp. Their new driver made it around the course safely and smoothly for several rolls, and the team seemed pretty excited. That brings buggy up to 13 orgs that have rolled this year. Glad to have another org out on the hills, especially one that hasn’t been out in years. Hopefully the Greek coed approach will be successful this time around.
- DTD fixed their pushbar after a break on the back hills their previous weekend out. Everything went smoothly for a couple of rolls, with Bethany making the driveway under its own power. On their last roll, though, the driver squirreled between the flags and cut the chute turn tight, sending her over the grate and out of control straight into the curb. She flew halfway out of the buggy, an obvious failure of the harness attachments. She walked away with some cuts to her arm. Not an ideal end to the semester for DTD, but they’ve already shown themselves to be resilient.
- PiKA went all out on an end of semester wheel testing binge. People saw white, purple, black, and yellowish green compounds on Xootr hubs as well as ZeroError hubs. Chimera and Knightfall seemed to be the test sleds of choice.
- Zoo was hauling ass.
- SDC called it quits early on Sunday to celebrate the end of a good semester. Envy was pushed up hill 5 by “an orgy of pushers,” to use a Bordickism.
- Malice spun on Saturday, fishtailed and lost control going into the chute. The buggy was fine.
- CIA’s Quasar stopped right near the monument because her helmet fell in front of her eyes so she made a controlled stop. All was fine and she unloaded on the course and they walked the buggy back.
Edit: AEPi prudently pointed out that Camo didn’t roll on Sunday because it caught the outer bales on Saturday and lost its outside rear wheel. Never fear all you Camo fans out there, they’ve got things put back together and ready for the spring semester.
Sorry, no pictures from this weekend unless someone wants to upload some that they have kept to themselves thus far.