Welcome back buggiers (shut up auto-correct, it’s totally a word)! Last weekend rolls did not happen because of Mid-semester break and Saturday was called on account of Halloween parties, or so we assume… This left us with only Sunday rolls, and a short one at that. Next weekend we finally say goodbye to daylight savings and we’ll have the longest and shortest days of rolls, so remember to check your clocks and keep the time in mind. When I got to the course Sunday morning, my phone was practically dead (didn’t have a chance to change it overnight) so there was no livestream. Thankfully, Tom Wood was out in the chute and got some videos to share. Such a short weekend means that there wasn’t much of a chance for things to happen, but hopefully enough to make this report at least somewhat interesting. Sadly one of my cameras failed again this weekend so I got absolutely no times to mess around with. I’m still playing with some of the footage from a couple weeks ago, so hopefully you can expect something later this week with old data.
|CIA||Impulse, Orca, Ascension, Freyja|
|Fringe||Beacon, Bissa, Bedlam, Banyan|
|SDC||Vice, Malice, Avarice, Rage|
|SigEp||Mamba, Baraccuda, Pandora|
|Spirit||Kingpin II, Zuke, Haraka, Seraph, Fuko|
Observations (Sunday Gallery) – (I left my camera at a friends house, I will be getting pictures up later today)…
- AEPi – Kamikaze started off the morning with an exciting first roll. After Pike cleared the chute with Chimera, she ran into an issue at the base of hill 3 which the pusher and follow car driver started to fix. The flaggers made a somewhat questionable call and took it upon themselves to throw stop-flags to save Kamikaze from the stopped car on hill 3. The Kamikaze driver either didn’t know what to do or would just have none of it and blew through all of the stop flags at the transition and the chute. Luckily enough, Chimera was fixed and rolling again by the time Kami reached halfway through the chute. Additionally, Kamikaze didn’t roll far enough for the car to have been an issue, so she would have been safe regardless.
- Apex – Continuing to rack up rolls, Phoenix made a showing today and continued to chug along at her normal speed.
- CIA – Ascension made her return to the course with plenty of duct-tape all-over her tail covering what I assume is some kinda new paint scheme. CIA also managed to have one of the scarier close encounters this weekend as an out of character Impluse came slowly around the corner of the chute as a much quicker Freyja pulled up behind her and nearly hit pulling wide to avoid the collision. Freyja gave a quick flip of her tail as she straightened out after her improvised pass test in the chute.
- Fringe – Definitely looked like the top org today with awesome fast rolls and great rollouts. If they keep this going into the spring, they will be leaps and bounds ahead of everyone else before Raceday.
- PiKA – Banshee looked like she had some great speed coming down the freeroll, but her rollouts left a lot to be desired. Chimera had a few odd swerves between the flags, but she managed to enter and exit the chute well, so this is a good sign of improvement from the new driver of the legacy org.
- SDC – Rolling quite smooth this weekend, Avarice made her return to the course with more than a couple bags to ensure nothing got out of hand. Everyone else continued as they have been and they have been getting better and better as the weekends roll by.
- SigEp – Barraccuda and Mamba made it out this weekend but they didn’t come out every roll on this short weekend.
- SigNu – Out again this weekend, Bungarus Krait is starting to gather up her needed rolls. The brothers decided to cut short their hill 5 to return to their warm space in Baker.
- Spirit – Going through the chute was looking a little wobbly for some of their drivers this weekend. A lot of them were staying wide when entering the chute, which worried many of Sunday’s chute goers, even though at worst they only slid a small bit. Spirit also had an extra bump on their pushbars which looked very suspiciously like cameras. Could they be working on correcting those small chute turn issues? Only time will show.
Freerolls Timing With the camera issues this weekend I want to push the timing project again just to make sure that people are aware. Unless there’s a lot more input, we’ll hopefully be going ahead with the purchase this week and have them ready for next week’s rolls. There was another fun and interesting idea at rolls which I plan to put up in the project zone later this week.