This is the third and final follow-up update from the Raceday 2020 Town Hall. If you weren’t able to make it to the Town Hall, you can take a listen here. New updates are in Bold.
- Membership and benefits — Complete (3/31)
- Consolation print: Essentially complete. If you requested shipping and have completed payment, your poster should be shipped. If you wanted to take advantage in-person pickup at the bottom of Hill One (starting line), Ben will be there with posters at the following time:
Sunday August 16th 2-4pm
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if this time does not work for you.
- Budget — Complete. We have just received our latest financial update which covers our account through the end of June. With your unprecedented support in the last year-to-date, we have raised $15,462 directly, and $1,912 dollars in university matching. To give a sense of scope, this is about twice the amount we would spend on Raceday and about what we were expecting to contribute to Buggy100, which will of course roll over into the next Raceday. Although we do receive some support from employer matching, this is likely underutilized. Don’t forget to ask your employer if they are willing to match your contributions!
- Homecoming Vision — Complete. Homecoming has been confirmed for the weekend of October 17th. We’re actively collaborating with CMU staff to bring Buggy events to the programming and exploring available time slots and formats but remaining flexible given the current environment. Of course now that we’ve transitioned to Fall programming and content, we’ll keep you up to date in future posts on new event offerings!
- New content including livestream — Complete (4/30)
- Elections — Complete. Please refer to our previous post about election results for more information.
- Gifts for students — Complete! Thanks to Diya for helping us distribute the senior gifts. We also want to welcome those seniors who took advantage of our free membership offer to the BAA!