February 27, 2021
We definitely were graced with a safe but interesting first day of spring rolls! After Saturday rolls were cancelled due to very cold weather, teams finally made it out, albeit without EMS due to an unfortunate scheduling confusion.
A couple of entertaining incidents:
- An old guy on the course with a cane yelling at people and birds? A lead car was sent before Spirit’s 4th roll to ensure neither the buggies nor the old guy were harmed
- At the same time as a stop in the chute (see below), a car honked and then drove straight into the outer schenley bridge barricade. Thankfully he stopped and left before making it anywhere near any buggies.
- A school bus briefly needed to make a 22-point turn inside of the Hill 1 barricade, causing a brief delay towards the end of rolls
See here for a gallery of the weekend’s photos: https://cmubuggy.smugmug.com/2021-2022/Spring-Rolls-Feb-27/
This day of rolls started out like any other day so far this year. A small delay due to a truck delivery coming in for parents weekend, some wildlife on the course (living geese and dead chipmunks) and a sleeping barricader leading to an EMS and CMUPD call. Unfortunately, it ended with an ambulance on the course to attend to a buggy crash.
Despite a late start again (due to a radio club delay), buggies made it around the course! Pretty crazy day however, if you ask me… https://cmubuggy.smugmug.com/2021-2022/Fall-Rolls-Oct-2
During the second roll through the other two maladies hit the course at the same time: dense fog and a pack of hungry geese.
A pretty easy weekend of rolls. For day 2, the 13 minute delay (due to some chores complications) wasn’t too bad! Sweeps got through the roll order 3 times, so a solid day overall. Four teams with four buggies out each, and SigEp made it out for the first week as well! Props as always to Kaycee, Frank, Sydney and Nahyun for killing it another day! <3
Hello all buggy friends!! Happy first rolls report of the year!
Despite the last few years, we were fortunate to be graced by a pretty normal first weekend of rolls by the buggy gods. After Saturday was unfortunately cancelled due to a variety of issues (no officers, cars and construction equipment on the course, unpaved rolls), teams came out STRONG on Sunday, despite some difficult challenges:
- Difficult and unpaved roads!! Construction equipment left a bunch of hard-to-remove debris plus car accident shrapnel which lead to…
- Chores difficulties!! Sweeping the roads and making sure that they were safe was a much bigger challenge than it normally is! Also some confusion around where bales go didn’t help.
Definitely an interesting weekend…